Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Meatballs2015-11-13
- Cuisine: Thai
- Course: Appetizer, Main Dish, Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4-5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
- 1 pound (480 g) ground chicken
- 2 green onions,chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
In a large mixing bowl,combine ground chicken,green onions,garlic,sesame oil,fish sauce and rice wine. Mix well and shape into 1½ inches-(3cm) in diameter.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken meatballs and cook until browned on all sides.
Transfer browned chicken meatballs to slow cooker. Add coconut milk,chicken broth,Thai curry paste and brown sugar. Cover slow cooker and cook on -high-heat setting for 3½-4 hours. Stir in lime juice.
In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and cold water. Mix until smooth. Stir in additional water as needed to reach consistency of heavy cream.
Stir cornstarch mixture into sauce in slow cooker. Cook,uncovered,for 10-15 minutes until sauce is lightly thickened and evenly coat meatballs.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe