Slow Cooker Country Captain Chicken2017-03-16
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
- 1 medium sweet onion,peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 poinds (1.44 kg) skinless chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced timatoes,undrianed
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca,crushed
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
In a slow cooker,layer onion,chicken drumsticks,raisins and garlic.
In a large mixing bowl,combine tomatoes,tapioca,curry powder,salt,cumin and mace. Mix well.Pour tomato mixture over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or until chicken drumsticks are tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Remove cooked chicken with vegetables from slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter. Serve over cooked rice.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe