Slow Cooker Crispy Orange Chicken2015-07-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup (180 g) orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
In a bag,combine chicken chunks and cornstarch. Shake well. Add 1 teaspoon water to form a light batter on the chicken. Set aside.
Preheat large nonstick skillet. Lightly coat with olive oil,then add marinated chicken chunks and cook until lightly browned (for 2-3 minutes). Turn chicken chunks over an cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Remove browned chicken chunks from the skillet and place in slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl,combine remaining ingredients. Stir well and pour mixture over chicken. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe