Slow Cooker Fruited Bran Bread2017-02-10
- Yield : 1 loaf
- Servings : 16
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 3:00 h
- Ready In : 3:10 h
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¹⁄³ cups (330 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 1½ cups whole-bran cereal flakes
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mixed dried fruits
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
In a medium mixing bowl,combine flours,baking powder,baking soda,salt and cereal. Mix well. Add buttermilk,brown sugar,melted butter and beaten egg. Mix until ingredients moistened. Gently stir in dried fruits and walnuts.
Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan. Place pan in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat setting until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (for about 2-3 hours). Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cooked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe