Slow Cooker German Sausage and Sauerkraut in Beer2014-03-19
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 9:00 h
- Ready In : 9:10 h
- 3 medium carrots,sliced
- 1 large sweet onion,peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 pound (480 g) smoked cooked bratwurst,knockwurst or kielbasa,cut into pieces
- 12 oz (360 ml) amber lager beer
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 14 oz (420 g) sauerkraut,rinsed and drained
In 4-quart(4 L) slow cooker,combine carrots,and sliced onion. Top with sausage.
Add amber beer,chicken broth caraway seeds,paprika and black pepper. Top with sauerkraut.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7-9 hours.
Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked sausage and vegetables to a serving dish,reserving cooking liquid. Serve slow cooker Sausage and sauerkraut with reserved cooking liquid.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe