Slow Cooker Hearty Chicken Corn Chowder2017-03-20
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-sodium,fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz (450 ml) each) cans cream-style corn
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 2 cups unpeeled potatoes,cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except milk,cornstarch,cheese and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Increase heat to high, cook for a further 10 minutes.
Stir in combined milk and cornstarch. Cook,stirring,for 2-3 minutes. Season chicken corn chowder with salt and black pepper.
Turn off slow cooker. Ladle chicken chowder in to soup bowls. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe