Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken-Corn Soup Recipe2017-06-09
- Yield : 8 soup bowls
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Monterey Jack cheese gives this tasty chicken and vegetable soup a rich flavor.
Variation of Mexican chicken-corn soup: El Paso Pork and Hominy Soup:Substitute lean pork for the chicken,rinsed and drained canned hominy for kernel corn and 1 poblano chili for the bell pepper.
Omit Monterey Jack cheese;sprinkle each soup serving with 1 tablespoon crumbled Mexican white cheese.
Use homemade chicken broth as a base for this chicken-corn soup recipe.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken-Corn Soup Recipe
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into cubes
- 2 cups (500 ml) whole kernel corn
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small jalapeno chili
- 1 clove garlic,peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and fresdhly ground black pepper,to taste
- 4-6 oz (120-180 g) shredded low-fat Minterey Jack cheese
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning and cheese. Mix well.
Cover cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn off slow cooker and open the lid. Season soup with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Stir until cheese melted. Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe