Slow Cooker Orange Cranberry-Nut Bread
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner, Child Friendly, Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:30 h
- Ready In : 1:40 h
Slow cooker orange cranberry-nut bread. Delicious bread with orange,cranberry and nuts cooked in slow cooker.
- 2 cups (500 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (250 g) dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) boiling water
- 3/4 cup (180 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 large,lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt. Stir well. Mix in chopped pecans and set aside.
In another mixing bowl,combine dried cranberries and orange peel. Pour boiling water over fruit mixture and stir well. Add sugar,shortening,egg and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add flour mixture and stir until well blended.
Pour batter into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 ¼-1 ½ hours or until edges begin to brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Remove stoneware from slow cooker and cool on wire rack. Remove orange cranberry-nut bread from stoneware and cool completely on rack.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe