Slow Cooker Orange Pork Ragout
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless pork loin,cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except cornstarch,water and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn heat to high and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water. Continue to cook,stirring,2-3 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe