Slow Cooker Oriental Shredded Pork2015-12-26
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Course: Main Dish, Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 9:20 h
- Ready In : 9:30 h
Five-spice powder is a mixture of star anise,fennel,cloves,cinnamon and Szechwan pepper.
- 2 ½ pounds (1.2 kg) pork shoulder,trimmed and chunked
- 1 cup (250 ml) apple cider
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons five-spice powder
- 6 nonfat whole-wheat pitta breads,split in half
Grease inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange chunked pork in slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl,combine remaining ingredients,except pita bread. Mix well and pour mixture over pork.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours. Remove cooked pork from slow cooker. Using 2 forks,shred meat and return to slow cooker. Heat through.
Serve in whole-wheat bread pittas.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe