Slow Cooker Potato-Onion Pot Roast
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 12:00 h
- Ready In : 12:10 h
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) boneless beef chuck pot roast,fat trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 large yeloow onions,peeled,halved and sliced
- 10 oz(300 ml) condensed beef consome
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme,crushed
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
Sprinkle fat trimmed beef with salt and black pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet,cook meat over medium-high heat until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
In a slow cooker,combine mushrooms and onions. Mix well. Add cooked beef. Stir well.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine beef consomme,dry red wine,garlic and crushed thyme. Mix well. Pour over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Transfer cooked beef to serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm
Transfer cooked vegetable mixture from slow cooker to medium saucepan.
In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and water. Mix until cornstarch completely dissolved. Stir cornstarch mixture into vegetables.
Cover saucepan and cook over medium heat,stirring,until thickened and bubbly. Cook,stirring,for a further 2 minutes.
Remove saucepan from the heat. Pour sauce over cooked meat. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe