Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce Italiano2012-10-30
Slow cooker spaghetti sauce Italiano. Very delicious sauce cooked in slow cooker and served over cooked spaghetti.
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 1/2 pound (240 g) bulk Italian sausage
- 28 oz (840 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrained
- 2 6-oz (180ml) tomato paste
- 6-oz (180 ml) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Burgundy wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot cooked spaghetti
- grated Parmesan cheese
In large nonstick skillet cook ground beef and sausage until browned. Drain off fat. Put in slow cooker.
Stir in undrained tomatoes,tomato paste,mushrooms,onion,bay leaves,garlic,Worcestershire sauce,sugar,salt,chili powder,pepper and 1/3 cup water. Cover and cook slow cooker spaghetti sauce on high-heat for 5-6 hours.
Blend water slowly into cornstarch. Stir into tomato mixture. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Serve slow cooker spaghetti sauce over cooked spaghetti.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe