Slow Cooker Tamarind and Orange-Glazed Chicken Wings2013-06-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:30 h
- Ready In : 5:40 h
- 16 chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) tamarinde sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- sliced green onions
Preheat broiler. Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut each chicken wing into 2 pieces.
Arrange chicken wings on the unheated broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Broil 4-5 inches(10-12 cm) from the heat until browned(12-15 minutes),turning once.
Place broiled chicken wings in slow cooker.
In a medium mixing bowl,whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken wings in slow cooker and toss to coat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Sprinkle slow cooker tamarind and orange-glazed chicken wings with green onions.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe