Slow Cooker Tomato Soup with Pasta2014-08-13
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:30 h
- Ready In : 4:40 h
- 3 cups(750 ml) chicken broth
- 3 pounds(1440 g) tomatoes,coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(125 g) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(125 g) chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup(60 g) freshly chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds,lightly crushed
- 1 cup(250 g) small soup pasta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese,as garnish
In 6-quart(6L) slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except pasta,seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
In a blender or food processor,process soup until smooth. Return processed soup to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat-setting for additional 10 minutes.
Stir in pasta and cook until tender(about 20 minutes). Season with salt and black pepper.
Ladle soup into a bowls and sprinkle each bowl with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe