Slow Cooker Vegetable Tajine Recipe2017-05-05
- Yield : 4 serving plates
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Slow cooker vegetable Tajine recipe.Vegetables cooked in slow cooker and served over couscous. This delicious vegetarian dish belongs to Moroccan cuisine. In Moroccan cuisine,vegetables tajine traditionally cooked in earthenware pots.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound (480 g) mixed fresh vegetables,cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
- 13 oz (400 ml) can chickpeas,drained and rinsed
- 3 oz (90 g) dried apricots
- 13 oz (400 ml) can tomatoes,chopped
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander,fro garnish
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- cooked couscous
In slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except black pepper,couscous and coriander. Stir well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Season cooked vegetables with black pepper,to taste and stir well.
Serve over cooked couscous.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Calories from fat10