- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Spinach risotto.Excellent vegetarian meal.Very easy to make! For vegetarians-use vegetable stock as a substitute for chicken stock.
- 4 cups (1L) plus 1 tablespoon chicken broth,divided
- 1/2 cup (125 g) frozen chopped onions,thawed and drained
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz (30 g) package frozen chopped spinach,thawed and drained
In a saucepan,boil 4 cups chicken broth over high heat. Reduce heat to low and keep it warm.
Grease medium saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat.
Add chopped onions and cook,stirring frequently,until onions are softened and translucent. Stir in Arborio rice,then reduce heat to low. Gradually add 1 cup hot chicken broth and stir well until absorbed. Continue adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time,stirring and allowing rice to absorb broth before adding more.
Once all chicken broth has been absorbed,add grated Parmesan cheese,black pepper to taste and chopped spinach. Heat through and serve.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe