Steak with Mushroom-Merlot Sauce
- Prepare marinade:In a small mixing bowl,combine wine,1 tablespoon olive oil and thyme.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Rinse steak and pat dry.
- Place steak in shallow glass dish.
- Pour marinade over steak and turn it to coat well both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours,turning once or twice.
- Remove steak from marinade.
- In a heavy saucepan,heat the remaining olive oil.
- Sauté shallots and minced garlic for 3 minutes over low heat,stirring.
- Pour in the wine marinade and bring it to a boil.
- Boil until it is slightly reduced,about 10 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms,then reduce heat to low and cook them until soft(about 5 minutes).
- Add whipped cream,salt,black pepper and tomato paste;simmer for 3 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cook steak 3 inches(7.5 cm) from heat,about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Slice cooked steak thinly on the diagonal(against the grain).
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Cover with wine sauce and serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Goulash
Oven Baked Honey-Chipotle Chicken Breasts
Slow Cooker Barbecued Chicken Wings
Cavaletti with Meat Sauce
Slow Cooker Jerk Pulled Pork