Vietnamese-Style Mussel Soup
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Vietnamese-style mussel soup. An excellent Vietnamese seafood soup. very tasty.
- 1½ tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and chopped
- 1 scallion,white parts only,finely minced
- 3 red chilies,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pound (480g ) mussels,on the half shell
- 12-16 raw tiger prawns,peeled and deveinrd
- Vietnamese herbs (leaves only)
- 6 stalks Thai basil
- 2 stalks fresh coriander
- 1 stalk perilla
- 3 stalks peppermint
- 2 staks rice puddy herbs
- fresh cilantro,to garnish
- For the Broth:
- 3 cups cooked coconut rice
- ginger (lightly punded)
- 1 lemongress stalk,trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 red chilies,smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
In a small saucepan,combine all mussels ingredients. Mix well and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer,covered,for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside fro 15 minutes. Strain the broth and set aside. Discard the strained ingredients.
Heat a wok over high heat. Add prawns and cook,stirring,until no longer opaque. Remove cooked prawns from the wok and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium-high. Pour in oil and let it hit up. Add minced garlic,shallots and red chilies. Fry,stirring,until lightly browned.
Increase hit to high and pour in reserved broth. Mix well. Add mussels,herbs,cover and cook,stirring,for 3 minutes.
Remove the lid and turn off the heat. Add cooked prawns to the broth and pour over fish sauce.
Serve with cooked coconut rice and fresh chopped cilantro.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe