Whole Salmon Baked in Foil2012-08-11
- Leave salmon whole or remove the head.
- Rinse under cold running water and place on paper toweling to dry.
- Place the wine in a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients,except the salt and wine sauce.
- Let the resulting mixture simmer,uncovered,1/2 hour without boiling.Preheat the oven to 375°F(190°C).
- Place salmon lengthwise on a long sheet of foil,bring up the edges and pour the wine mixture over the fish.Sprinkle with salt.
- Completely enclose the fish,crimping the foil to seal the edges tightly.
- Place the foil-wrapped fish in a large baking pan and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork,about 1 hour.
- Serve salmon baked in foil hot with white wine sauce.
- Note:A small 3-or4-pound center cut of salmon may be baked in exactly the same manner as the whole salmon.
- For a center cut of that size,use half the wine-herb mixture and prepare half the amount of sauce.Cook 10 minutes a pound in 375°F(190°C) oven.
White Wine Sauce
- While the salmon is baking,melt the butter in a saucepan and add the shallots.
- Cook until transparent but not brown.Using a wire whisk,stir in the flour until it is well blended.
- Cook over low heat 3 minutes.Let stand until the fish is done.
- When the dish is removed from the oven,use the large spoon to dip out the juices and add to the butter mixture in the saucepan,stirring constantly over moderate heat
- .Continue stirring vigorously and add enough wine and boiling water to make 5 cups of liquid.
- Cook the liquid,stirring,until thickened and smooth.
- Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.Strain through a fine sieve.Just before serving,reheat and add the egg yolks lightly beaten with a little of the hot sauce.
- Cook 2 minutes over low heat but do not let boil.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe