Salmon Nigiri Sushi
- 1 cup(250 g) sushi rice
- 1½ cups fresh water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 oz(90 g) skinless salmon fillets
- In a sieve,rinse sushi rice thoroughly under fresh cold water till water comes clear.
- Transfer rinsed rice to a large saucepan.
- Add water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover saucepan,then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked rice from the heat and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Resist the temptation to remove the cover to sneak a peek-it is important to keep the steam and heat inside the pan.
- In a mixing bowl,combine rice vine vinegar,salt and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Gently transfer rice to a large bowl and fold in vinegar mixture.
- Set aside.
- Cut salmon fillets across the grain into 8 thin slices.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of cooked rice into moistened hands.
- Roll into a ball.
- Wrap slice of salmon over rice and arrange on a serving platter.
- Gently press nigiri onto the platter.
- Repeat with remaining sushi rice and salmon.
- Serve salmon nigiri sushi immediately.