Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Sesame Noodles
- 2 pounds(960 g) lean beef stew,cut into 1-inch(2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 cup water
- 2 thin slices gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and halved
- 2 sliced green onions
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup frozen peas,thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Sesame Noodles (see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds(optional)
- finely chopped cilantro,for garnish
- For Sesame Noodles:
- 12 oz(360g) package Asian noodles,cooked,warm
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions,thinly sliced
- In slow cooker , combine cubed beef , gingerroot, garlic , green onions , soy sauce , sugar , dry sherry and 1 cup water.
- Stir well,cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
- Add peas,turn heat to high and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Stir in combined cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water,stirring 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve beef stew over cooked Sesame Noodles.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.
- In a mixing bowl,combine warm noodles,soy sauce,sesame oil and green onions.
- Toss well and serve with with beef stew.