Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala with Fettuccine
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion,peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 12 oz(360 g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 oz(240 g) cooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper and transfer to slow cooker.
- Preheat vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,until translucent.
- Add Marsala wine and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly.
- Stir in sliced mushrooms.
- Add chicken broth,Worcestershire sauce,1/2 teaspoon salt ans 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Stir well and pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 1½-2 hours or until chicken is done.
- Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl,combine whipping cream and cornstarch.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Stir mixture into cooking liquid.
- Cover slow cooker and cook 15 minutes longer or until mixture is thickened.
- Cook pasta according cooking directions.
- Drain and transfer to large serving bowl.
- Slice chicken breasts and place on cooked fettuccine.
- Top with sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.