Slow Cooker German Sausage and Sauerkraut in Beer
- 3 medium carrots,sliced
- 8 oz(240 g) new potatoes,halved
- 1 large sweet onion,peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 pound(480 g) smoked cooked bratwurst,knockwurst or kielbasa,cut into pieces
- 12 oz(360 ml) amber lager beer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 14-oz(420 g) can sauerkraut,rinsed and drained
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
- In 4-quart(4 L) slow cooker,combine carrots,potatoes and sliced onion.
- Top with sausage.
- Add amber beer,chicken broth caraway seeds,paprika and black pepper.
- Top with sauerkraut.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7-9 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked sausage and vegetables to a serving dish,reserving cooking liquid.
- Serve slow cooker Sausage and sauerkraut with reserved cooking liquid.