Slow Cooker Herbed Apricot Pork Loin Roast
- 3 pounds(1.450 kg) boneless pork top loin roast,fat trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz(300 g) jar apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary,snipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme,snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sprinkle trimmed pork with salt and black pepper.
- Place in 4-5 quart(4-5 L) slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl,combine all remaining ingredients,except water and cornstarch.
- Mix well and pour mixture over meat.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
- Remove cooked meat from slow cooker and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan,combine water and cornstarch.
- Mix and stir in spreadable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring occasionally until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for additional 2 minutes.
- Slice meat and pour sauce over.