Slow Cooker Herbed Shrimp Stew
- 28 oz(840 g) diced tomatoes with garlic,undrained
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 rib celery
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pound(480 g) medium shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked rice,warm
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- In slow cooker,combine tomatoes,clam juice,onion,garlic,celery,thyme and basil leaves.
- Mix well,cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours,adding shrimp,parsley and rice during last 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.