Slow Cooker Kakavia
- 28 oz(840 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart(4 cups) clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 ribs celery,chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 leeks (white parts only),sliced
- 3 large carrots,peeled and chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pounds(960 g) halibut fillet,cubed
- 12 clams scrubbed
- 12 mussels,scrubbed
- 12 oz(360 g) shrimp,peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- In 6-quart(6L) slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seafood and seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours,adding seafood during last 15-20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and any clams or mussels that have not opened.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Serve seafood stew hot.