Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Roast
- 3 pounds(1.440 kg) pork roast,halved
- 8 oz(240 g) can pineapple
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh cold water
- 1 green or red pepper,chopped
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Place pork roast halves in slow cooker.
- Season meat with black pepper,to taste.
- In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients,except water,cornstarch and green pepper.
- Stir well and pour mixture over seasoned pork roast.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8- 10 hours.
- Remove cooked meat from slow cooker and check internal temperature with a meat thermometer (170° F-80°C).
- Drain pineapples,reserving cooking liquid.
- Return pork roast with pineapples to slow cooker.
- Add water to liquid to make 1¾ cups.
- Pour into saucepan.
- In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and cold water.
- Blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Stir into reserved liquid.
- Add chopped green or red pepper and cook,stirring,until thickened.
- Pour corn starch mixture over pork roast.
- Serve pineapple pork roast hot.