Slow Cooker Shiitake-Portobello Chowder
- 3 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 4 shallots,thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps,cubed
- 2 cups portobello mushrooms,cubed
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- salt and white pepper,to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese(optional)
- minced parsley,for garnish
- Combine all ingredients,except Marsala wine,seasoning and cheese,in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in Marsala wine and add seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle each bowl of chowder with cheese(optional).
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley.