Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Sandwiches
- 3 pounds(1440 g) pork roast,cut into large chunks
- 1 medium sweet onion.peeled and sliced
- 1 cup(250 ml) teriyaki sauce
- 15 oz(450 g) can pineapple slices
- 1-inch(2.5 cm) fresh ginger,peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 buns,toasted
- Place sliced onion in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place pork chunks in single layer in slow cooker.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over pork chunks.
- Pour pineapple juice from the can into slow cooker,reserving pineapple slices.
- Add grated ginger.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours.
- Remove cooked pork chunks from slow cooker and shred meat,using a fork.
- In a mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir well and whisk into the juices left in the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 30 minutes,stirring once.
- Return the shredded meat to slow cooker and stir into teriyaki gravy.
- Serve 1 cup of shredded pork and gravy over half of toasted bun.
- Top with reserved pineapple slice and enjoy!