Spaghetti with Clams and squid
- 1 pound(480 g) small squid,cleaned,rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound(480 g) clams
- freshly squeezed lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white vine
- 1 pound(480 g) Italian spaghetti
- 1 leek
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white vermouth
- In a large sauce pan,combine dry white wine,half of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of fresh cold water.
- Bring to a boil.Add the clams,cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes,or until clams open.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- Cook Italian spaghetti,according to the package instructions.
- Remove the roots and trim the ragged ends of the leek.
- Slice the white and bright green parts on a diagonal into rings.
- Sauté the squid in 4 tablespoons of olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the leek and sliced garlic.
- Continue sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour white vermouth and remaining lemon juice.
- Simmer briefly.
- Drain well cooked spaghetti.
- Toss everything together with with drained spaghetti(and a little of the pasta water).
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.