Spicy Sizzling Shrimp
- 1 pound(480 g) jumbo shrimp,peeled,deveined and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- ice cubes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Flaky sea salt,such as Maldon
- In a bowl,dissolve kosher salt in boiling water.
- Add ice cubes until room temperature is achieved.
- Add shrimp and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and rinse under cold water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large nonstick skillet,preheat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant(about 4 minutes).
- Gently stir in hot pepper flakes.
- Add shrimp and cook,stirring and coating shrimp with a warm oil,until firm and pink(about 4 minutes).
- Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked shrimp and garlic to a warm platter.
- Drizzle with sherry vinegar and add cooking oil to taste.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve spicy sizzling shrimp hot.