Alcoholic Cocktail Pina Colada2012-09-02
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
Seared scallops with creamy risotto.Skillet seared fresh sea scallops served over cooked creamy Italian risotto.Mouthwatering recipe!
- 8 fresh sea scallops
- 5 oz (150 g) arborio rice
- 1 fresh shallot,finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) fish stock
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon double (heavy) cream
- 3 oz (90g) cubed pancetta
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more to dress
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make a risotto,boil fish stock in a pan over medium-high heat. Set aside and keep hot.
In a medium pan,heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chopped shallots and cook,stirring,until soft. Add rice and stir well,making sure all the grains are coated with oil.
Pour in dry white wine, stirring to clean the base of the pan. Reduce the liquid until it is almost all evaporated.
Stir in the hot stock to the rice, one ladlefull at a time. Stir frequently, adding another ladle when the rice has absorbed the stock. When all the stock has been added, cook the rice until tender.
In a small nonstick skillet,cook pancetta until nicely colored. Set aside and keep warm.
In a nonstick frying pan,heat a little olive oil. Season scallops with sea salt and black pepper. Sear in hot oil on both sides for 1 minute per side. Remove seared scallops from the pan and set aside.
In a mixing bowl,combine mascarpone cheese,double cream,cooked pancetta and herbs. Mix well. Stir cheesy mixture into risotto.
Divide creamy risotto into 4 serving platter. Arrange seared scallops over and serve.