Baked Shrimp with Garlic and Herbs
- Yield : 5 serving platres
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry vermouth
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 24 raw extra-large shrimp, shelled and deveined (tails intact)
Combine olive oil, vermouth, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and oregano in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
Taste vermouth mixture and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool.
Arrange shrimp in single layer in baking dish. Pour vermouth over shrimp. Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F(190°C). Bake shrimp, basting once or twice, until pink and translucent, about 15-20 minutes. Serve baked shrimp hot.