Baked Shrimp with Orange Sauce
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) large shrimp.peeled and deveined,tails on
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup panco breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- orange ginger sauce (recipe follows)
- For Orange-Ginger Sauce:
- 1 cup (250 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
In a medium bowl,combine shrimp,honey,minced garlic and ginger. Stir well,cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In a small bowl,combine breadcrumbs and finely chopped walnuts. Mix well.
Holding each shrimp by the tail,dip it in beaten eggs,then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
Preheat oven to 425°F (210°C). Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place prepared shrimp on it. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Serve baked shrimp with orange-ginger sauce.
Orange-Ginger Sauce: In a small saucepan,combine orange juice and minced ginger. Stir well and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup.
Remove half sauce into a cup. Add cornstarch and stir well until smooth.
Return this mixture to saucepan and blend well to combine. Stir in honey and lime juice. Serve with baked shrimp and enjoy!