Baked Shrimp with Rich Chive Sauce
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- mealted butter
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly ground white pepper
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp(about 1/2 pound-225g),shelled and deveined(reserve shells)
- Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1¼ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- white pepper
- pinch of ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- reserved shells from shrimp
- 1¹⁄³ cups (330 ml) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and lightly crushed
Preheat oven to 450°F (277°C).
Lightly brush 4 ovenproof plates with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and white pepper. Arrange 6 shrimp pinwheel fashion on each plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press small piece of buttered waxed paper on top of shrimp. Set plate aside.
For Sauce: Combine shrimp shells,chicken stock,wine,shallot,carrot,parsley and garlic in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
Heat cream in small saucepan.
Transfer shrimp shell mixture to processor and mix 30 seconds. Sieve through fine strainer into another pan,pressing to extract as much liquid as possible from shells and vegetables.
Set pan over medium heat and slowly stir in heated cream. Bring to a boil,reduce from heat and beat in butter. Season with lemon juice,salt,white and red pepper.Stir in chives.
Bake shrimps 4-5 minutes.Remove plate with baked shrimp from oven. Discard waxed paper and let stand for 40 seconds. Pour about 2 tablespoons sauce over each portion of baked shrimp. Serve immediately.