Broiled Salmon Fillet with Asparagus Sauce2012-08-11
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) skinless and boneless fillet of salmon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- asparagus sauce (see recipe below)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For Asparagus Sauce:1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked asparagus
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cream
Cut the salmon into 4 pieces of equal size. Put the pieces in a flat dish,add the olive oil,freshly squeezed lemon juice,salt and pepper. Turn the fish in the oil and set aside until ready to cook.
Place a wire rack in a flat,heatproof baking dish. Arrange the salmon pieces on the rack. Place the fish pieces about 4 inches from the source of heat. Leave the broiler door partly open.Broil about 1½ minutes on one side and turn the pieces.Broil on the other side 2 -5 minutes,depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets.
Heat the asparagus sauce. Spoon equal amounts on each of 4 warmed plates and arrange 1 piece of broiled salmon fillet on each serving. Garnish each broiled salmon fillet with a sprig of fresh herb such as basil or rosemary or with finely chopped parsley.
To prepare Asparagus Sauce:Heat the butter and oil in saucepan and add the shallots. Cook,stirring for 30 seconds. Add the chopped asparagus,white wine and stock.Bring to the simmer. Add the cream and let cook 5 minutes,stirring occasionally.
Pour the sauce into the container of food processor and blend thoroughly. Return the sauce to the saucepan and reheat. Serve with broiled salmon fillet,poached or grilled chicken
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe