Coconut Shrimp with Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce2013-08-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Coconut shrimp with cilantro-lime dipping sauce.Fired shrimp served with homemade cilantro-lime dipping sauce.Delicious!
- 1 pound (480 g) jumbo shrimp,peeled,deveined and patted dry
- For Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 long red chile,seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- vegetable oil
To Make Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce: In a small mixing bowl,combine lime juice,soy sauce,fish sauce,minced garlic,chile,sugar and cilantro. Mix well and set aside.
Coconut Shrimp: In a bowl,combine cornstarch and salt. Mix well and set aside.
In another bowl,beat egg whites until frothy. Dredge shrimp in cornstarch mixture,dip in egg whites,then dip into coconut,turning to coat well. Set aside on a baking sheet.
In a deep nonstick skillet,add vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches (5 cm). Heat on medium-high heat to 350°F(180°C).
Add shrimp to hot oil in batches and cook until golden(2-3 minutes). Using a slotted spoon,transfer coconut shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
To serve dip coconut shrimp in cilantro -lime sauce.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe