Crock Pot Brunswick Stew Recipe
- Yield: 4 serving bowls
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.6 g
Crock pot Brunswick stew recipe. Cubed chicken breasts with vegetables cooked in a crock pot. Very easy and delicious! Are you looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock Por Brunswick Stew Recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 15 oz (450 ml) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except okra, cornstarch, water, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours, adding okra during the last 20 minutes.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix until cornstarch dissolved completely. Stir combined cornstarch into the slow cooker, stirring 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
Turn off the cooker. Ladle the stew into soup bowls. Serve hot.