Crunchy Chicken Strips with Creamy Honey-Mango Sauce
- Yield : 2-4
- Servings : 2-4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Crunchy chicken strips with honey-mango sauce.Coconut crunch chicken strips with homemade honey-mango sauce.Delicious appetizer!
- 6-8 cups(1.8-2 L) vegetable oil
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts,cut into 4 strips lengthwise,then those strips sliced lengthwise in half, making a total of 8 strips per breast
- curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- 2 cups (500 g) sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chives,finely minced
- For Creamy Honey-Mango Sauce:1/2 cup (125 g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 g) frozen mango chunks,thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- curry powder
- 3-4 drops Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Heat vegetable oil in medium-size pot up to 350 F (175 C).
In mixing bowl,combine pinch of curry powder,a couple of pinches of salt and black pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper. Stir well to combine. Add chicken strips and toss well. Set seasoned chicken strips aside.
In another mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour with another couple of pinches of salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
In two separated bowls,place beaten eggs and shredded coconut.
Dredge one chicken strip at a time into flour mixture,then dip it into the beaten eggs and then into the shredded coconut. Repeat the same steps with remaining chicken strips.
Working in a batches,add 4-5 coconut chicken strips into the hot oil and fry for 1½-2 minutes until golden. Using a tongs,remove fried chicken strips and pat dry with paper towel. Repeat the same steps with remaining chicken strips. Sprinkle hot chicken strips with salt and black pepper.
To make Creamy Honey-Mango Dipping Sauce:
In a food processor,combine all ingredients.
Process well until smooth. Serve together with crunchy chicken strips.