Fried Shrimp in Spicy Orange Sauce
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Fried shrimp in spicy orange sauce.The best spicy shrimp I’ve ever tasted!
- 10 oz (300 g) shrimp,shelled,deveined and tails intact
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of ginger,grated
- 10 cloves garlic,peeled and grated
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander leaves
In a large pan,preheat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add shrimp and fry until they are pink and cooked (2 minutes on each side). Remove cooked shrimp from the pan.
In another pan.preheat remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add grated ginger and garlic and cook,stirring,for 1 minute. Add orange juice,soy sauce,red chilli sauce honey and rice vinegar. Continue cooking,stirring frequently.
In a small mixing bowl,mix cornflour and a little water. Add mixture to the pan. Add remaining water and cook for a further 2 minutes,until gravy thickens.
Add cooked shrimp and chopped coriander leaves,stir well and remove from the pan. Serve hot over cooked rice.