Kung Pao Chicken
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 large whole skinless and boneless chicken brest,cubed
- 1/2 egg white
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt to taste
- 2 tablesppons bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves,peeled and flattened
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup shelled unsalted peanuts
- 12 dried hot red peppers,halved
In a large bowl,combine cubed chicken,egg white,cornstarch and salt. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl,combine bean sauce,hoisin sauce,chili paste,sugar,sherry,vinegar and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat vegetable oil until hot but not smoking. Turn off the heat and add peanuts. The peanuts will turn light golden brown. Using a slotted spoon,remove browned peanuts. Drain on paper towel.
Heat vegetable oil again over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture. Cook,stirring, for 45 seconds or until chicken becomes translucent. Remove cooked chicken from the skillet and drain well.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil from the skillet. Add the peppers and cook until dark,for about 15 seconds. Stir in the sauce and chicken and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with cooked peanuts and serve.