Oven Baked Chicken Parcels2015-07-28
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Oven baked chicken parcels.Very delicious and easy recipe.
- 13 oz (390 g) frozen pastry,thawed
- 1 medium-size yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 oz (30 g) unsalted butter,melted
- 10 oz (300 g) cooked boneless and skinless chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons double (heavy) cream
- 3 slices of cooked ham,sliced into halves
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 fresh lettuce leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
In a medium nonstick skillet,fry chopped onion in butter until transparent. Set aside.
Set aside 6 fairly large pieces of chicken.Finely chop the rest. Place chopped chicken into a bowl with chopped parsley and fried onion. Lightly beat double cream and stir in the chicken with seasoning.
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 6 5-inches (12.5 cm) squares. Place one piece of sliced ham in the center of each dough square. Top with a piece of chicken,the cover with chopped chicken mixture.
Dampen dough edges with cold water. Fold corners to center to cover the filling,pinching the edges together,but leaving a small hole in the top. Arrange parcels in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
In a small mixing bowl,beat egg yolk with a pinch of salt. Brush parcels with yolk mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve baked chicken parcels on a fresh lettuce leaves.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe