Oven Baked Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 medium onion,peeled and finely chopped
- a bunch of fresh spinach,chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs,lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup (180 g) feta cheese,crumbled
- 8-inches (20 cm) sourdough bread boule
- 4 oz (120 g) chopped mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add chopped onions and cook until they are soft (about 3-4 minutes). Add chopped mushrooms and cook,stirring,for 5-7 minutes or until they are tender.
Add melted butter and spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Season mushroom mixture with salt and black pepper and remove from the heat.
Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
Carefully cut the top of the boule and remove inside bread,living just a bread shell. Arrange bread on parchment lined baking tray.
Stir in beaten eggs to mushroom mixture. Stir in crumbled feta cheese,red pepper flakes and black pepper. Season with salt (if desire).
Pour mushroom mixture into bread boule. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until eggs are ready.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley,slice into wedges and serve. Bone appetite!