Oven Cooked Eggplants
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) eggplants
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 8 medium tomatoes,cut into rings
- 4 garlic cloves,finely chopped
- 2 onions ,finely chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig marjoram
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cut eggplants into a thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and leave for about 20 minutes. Then rinse and dry eggplants.
In lightly greased baking dish combine half of chopped onion and garlic, eggplant and tomatoes Sprinkle with remaining garlic and onion.
Add marjoram and thyme. Then pepper, sprinkle with wine, oil, and add the spices.
Cover with a lid and cook in turbo oven at 400°F(200°C) for 20-25 minutes.