Pork Chops with Vegetables in Slow Cooker
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:20 h
- Ready In : 5:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops,slice into pieces(about 2 pounds-900g)
- 1 envelope(half of a 2.4 ounces-35 g) garlic and herb soup and dip mix
- 1 pound (480 g) potatoes,peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3/4 pound (360 g) parsnips,peeled and cut into small chunks
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled
- 1½ cups (370 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) >half-and-half or light cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley(optional)
Arrange pork chops on a large plate. Rub chops all over with dry soup and dip mix. Set aside.
In slow cooker,combine potatoes,parsnips and garlic and pour chicken broth over. Place pork chops on top of peeled vegetables in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat for 5-6 hours or on high -heat for 2-3 hours. Transfer cooked chops to serving plate.Cover and keep warm.
Drain cooked vegetables and reserve cooking liquid. Mash vegetables,using potato masher. Add butter. Stir in light cream or half-and-half. Stir in,if necessary reserved cooking liquid to make mixture light. Season resulting mixture to taste with salt and black pepper. Discard remaining cooking liquid. Sprinkle with parsley.Serve vegetable mixture with pork chops.