Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- Yield : 5 cups
- Servings : 3-4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Pressure cooker Bolognese sauce. Famous homemade meaty Bolognese sauce. This sauce recipe is simpler,much lower fat and much quicker because cooked in pressure cooker.
- 1 large yrloow onion,peeled and quartered
- 1 large rib celery,peeled
- 1 large carrot,peeled and quartererd
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 4 slices turkey bacon,cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyne
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- freshly ground nutmeg
In a food processor,combine onion,celery,carrot and garlic. Process until vegetables are finely chopped.
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped vegetables and cook,stirring occasionally,until softened. Add ground beef and sliced turkey bacon,breaking up ground meat ,using wooden spoon. Stir well to combine. Cook,stirring occasionally,until beef is no longer pink.
Stir in dried herbs and wine.Add bay leaf. Cook,stirring for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and chicken broth.Mix well. Stir in whole milk.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Place heat diffuser on the burner and pressure cooker on diffuser. Set burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce burner heat to low. Set timer to cook for 20 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker. Discard bay leaf. Stir and taste Bolognese sauce and season with salt and black pepper. Add a dash freshly ground nutmegs.