Shrimp Salad (Ensalada de Camarón)2012-09-03
- Yield : 2 serving plates
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Shrimp salad Ensalada de Camaron. Very tasty Mexican shrimp salad!
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked shelled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 1 small tomato,peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 small avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- fried tortilla strips
- lettuce leaves
Place lemon juice in small bowl. Whisk in oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Add shrimp and onion and toss lightly. Let stand about 15 minutes.
Add tomato, avocado, and chopped parsley and toss lightly. Mound into on lettuce leaves. Top with crunchy deep-fried tortilla strips.
For Tortilla Strips: Cut corn tortilla into strips. Press a corn tortilla into a large ladle. Holding it in place with a slightly smaller spoon, fry in deep fat (375°F-190°C) until tortilla is crisp. Tortilla strips are also pretty containers for guacamole or other dips and sauces.