Shrimp Won Ton Soup
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Shrimp won ton soup.very delicious Asian soup.
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 8 oz(240 g) raw shrimp peeled,deveined and finely chopped
- 8 oz (240 g) pork mince
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 spring onions,finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned water chestnuts
- 8 oz (240 g) package won ton wrappers
- 48 oz (1,4 L) beef stock
- 4 sprig onions,finely sliced,to garnish
In a bowl,combine hot water and dried mushrooms. Soak mushrooms for 30 minutes.
Drain and squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Discard the stems and chop the caps.
In a mixing bowl,combine mushrooms,chopped shrimp meat , pork , soy sauce , sesame oil , ginger , spring onion and water chestnuts. Mix well and set aside.
Cover the won ton wrappers with a damp tea towel to prevent them drying out. Place one teaspoon of shrimp mixture on the center of each won ton wrapper.
Moisten the pastry edges with water,fold in half diagonally and bring the two points together. Place on baking sheet dusted with cornflour. Pour beef stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook won tons in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
Remove shrimp won ton,using a slotted spoon. Top with sliced spring onion and ladle remaining stock over the won ton.