Slow Cooker Barbecued Shrimp
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter,cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ pounds (750 g) large unpeeled shrimp,rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion,finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine Worcestershire sauce,cajun seasoning,garlic,butter,hot pepper sauce and lemon juice. Stir well. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and stir again.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 30 minutes.
Pour half of spicy sauce into measuring cup. Place shrimp in slow cooker and pour hot sauce over. Stir well to coat evenly.
Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 30 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
Remove cooked shrimp from slow cooker. Pour hot sauce over. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve.