Slow Cooker Bean and Shrimp Chowder
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker bean and shrimp chowder.Shrimp with vegetables and spices cooked in slow cooker.You can make a great meal out of this delicious chowder,just add a slice of warm and crusty bread and fresh green salad.
- 2 cans (15 ½ oz (465 ml)each) Great Northern beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) chicken broth
- 16 oz (480 ml) can cream-style corn
- 16 oz (480 ml) can diced tomatoes,drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) medium shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except shrimp,milk,cornstarch and seasoning. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
In a mixing bowl,combine reduced-fat milk and cornstarch. Add milk mixture with shrimp to slow cooker during last 15-20 minutes.
Season with salt and cayenne pepper,to taste. Serve slow cooker bean and shrimp chowder hot.